Saturday, February 6, 2010

Nothing Really

Well, not much is really happening around here right now. Last night we went and picked out some incredibly cute glasses for an already cute little boy. His prescription is so strong that they have to order them and it will take about a week, so yes he still stands in front of the television, sorry kids. The problem now is that the other three think they need to stand there also, so that means four kids in front of a small t.v. and some whining because they really can't all fit there!
Carter started basketball today,w e had signed him up before we knew our lives would be getting so busy. All of us went, yes all 6, and it was a small challenge keeping the little Haitian off the courts! So an educated decision was made: Wade and I will alternate who takes Carter, Steeven will stay home and the girls can decide what they want to do. Carter did great by the way, he is such a neat boy.
We had some lunch and then went grocery shopping at Hy-Vee. The boys rode in the car cart and the girls helped shop, it actually went well. When we got home the girls' friends had called and wanted them over for a play date, the dad even came to get them! So now it is me and the boys, that included Wade. I made a dip for the game tomorrow, vacuumed and am catching up on laundry, which I knows multiplies in the hampers, while Wade played some Wii with Carter and is now cleaning. He is a great guy!
Our small group meets tonight so I will be going to that. Usually the group meets in our home, but with the addition of Steeven we are taking a break from that so our friends have graciously offered to have it at their house. We have been meeting for about 7 years now and always have a great time together. We love our group!
Tomorrow we are attempting church for the second time with Steeven. Last week we went to the second service and I think it got to be a long busy morning for our little guy. We are going to try the first service tomorrow, which is what we usually do, then Steeven and I will come home and the rest of them will stay. The kids go to Sunday School and Wade helps in the finance department during second service. This is the plan for a little while until we think Steeven can handle going to Sunday School with me. I help in the kindergarten room and he can just stay with me. That would mean he would be there from 9:00-11:45 and have a lot of stimulation pretty much the whole time so we will see how that goes! You never know until you try I guess.
That's really all that is happening now, so pretty tame compared to last week! Next week should be interesting as well as I have to take a stool sample each morning for three days and get them to Steeven's doctor's office that same day. The last sample they ran came out fine, but the doctor did some checking online and found some other tests that should be ran to look for other parasites and things. I am so grateful that the doctors we have had have all been so great! The ENT doctor will also be calling, well the nurse will since we al know the nurse does most of the work right, to let us know when they want to do Steeven's surgery. I am hoping we can get it done before I go back to work.
I have been a little torn this week. My grandpa is not doing well and he lives in Des Moines. Traveling with Steeven right now is not the best idea, but I also cannot leave him for the weekend. It makes me sad to be in a position like I am so I wondering about God's timing right now. Don't get me wrong, I am not upset with God nor do I think he has bad timing. I have learned that even though I think His timing stinks sometimes whenever I look back I can see what He was doing. It is just that I am a little overwhelmed right now and for the past about year and a half I have wondered just how much God thinks I can handle at one time! We'll see I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment